Taste of Hawaii @ GiptonExplore this exciting and exotic cuisine from the Pacific Islands.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
On this session the Leeds Cookery School chefs will teach you how to make delicious and authentic Hawaiian dishes that you’ll want to make time and time again!
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn the fascinating history of the Hawaiian islands and the many culinary influences on Hawaiian cuisine.
- Learn about common Hawaiian ingredients, from the exotic to the surprisingly familiar.
- Experience the Hawaiian way of eating, including the Hawaiian Barbecue tradition and the famous island 'plate lunches'.
- Learn a range of knife skills for use in your everyday cooking.
- Master the classic Blue Hawaiian cocktail with its signature azure-blue colour.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Huli-Huli Chicken (Hawaiian-style Barbecue Chicken/Tofu)
- Island-Syle Spam Fried Rice
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
- The original Blue Hawaiian cocktail
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.