Taste of Japan @ GiptonLearn how to make typical izakaya food!
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
Izakaya is a casual Japanese bar which serves small plates of food to be enjoyed with an alcoholic beverage, usually an ice-cold Japanese beer!
In this cookery class you will learn some typical izakaya dishes so you can recreate the experience at home.
Techniques you will learn:
- How to pane a pork cutlet.
- How to make your own Japanese curry spice blend.
- How to make Mushroom Gyoza.
- How to make sticky rice (Chef demonstration)
- How to make an authentic tempura batter.
- Hints and tips on how to deep fry.
Full recipes including ingredients and method are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Mushroom Gyoza
- Pork tonkatsu
- Vegetable tempura (Chef demonstration)
What you will take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
Please note that you will sit down and enjoy the food after the cooking class.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.