University Students CourseOver five mornings you will learn how to prepare, make and take home some excellent food to fuel you through your university days.
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£300.00 per person
About this experience
Going to University and want to learn how to cook fresh healthy meals? Over five mornings you will learn how to prepare, make and take home some excellent food to fuel you through your university days.
Course dates are:
- Monday 23rd Augusts, 10am
- Tuesday 24th August, 10am
- Wednesday 25th August, 10am
- Thursday 26th August, 10am
- Friday 27th August, 10am
Techniques you will learn:
- Food prepping and basic knife skills.
- How to cook a risotto base (risotto bianco) that you can then adapt for any flavour combination that you like.
- The secret to cooking the rice for the correct amount of time to achieve the correct creamy risotto al dente texture.
- How to make a quick and delicious soda bread.
- How to make crowd pleasing meatballs and pasta, perfect for batch cooking.
- Learn an excellent kale side dish, healthy and delicious!
- Learn how to make a tandoori rub and marinate chicken for an excellent Chicken Tikka that will rival your favourite takeaway.
- Learn how to make a naan dough and cook on the hob
- Learn how to make a delicious fragrant Rice Pilaf, rice will never be boring again!
- Learn how to expertly cook two North Indian dishes helping you to take your vegan and vegetarian cuisine out of the ordinary and into the sublime.
- Learn about spices and how to toast and temper spices to make a tarka to intensely season your dhal.
- Learn how to make Chapattis, a versatile bread that will perfectly accompany any curry.
- Our chefs will teach you the ultimate Sunday roast, some weekly home comfort!
- Roast vegetable and herb risotto, soda bread.
- Low fat meatballs, tomato sauce, wholemeal pasta. Kale with garlic and chillies.
- Chicken tikka, rice pilaff and naan bread.
- Vegan butternut squash curry, dhal and chapatti.
- Roast chicken, Yorkshire pudding, roast carrots, roast potatoes, broccoli and gravy.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home a vegan Chinese meal for two.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.