Yorkshire baking @ GiptonA morning class making and baking some classic Yorkshire dishes. Perfect for afternoon tea.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
A morning class making and baking some classic Yorkshire dishes. Perfect for afternoon tea.
Techniques you will learn:
- Develop your bread and pastry making skills
- Learn how to knead, prove and bake an enriched bread dough – making classic Yorkshire tea loaf and lemon iced buns
- Create your own sweet pastry, mixing, rolling, handling and baking blind a tart case for your curd tart.
- Yorkshire curd tart
- Iced lemon buns
- Yorkshire tea loaf
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything you make.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.