Marzipankartoffeln, a classic German Christmas treat! Here is our simple recipe so you can make them at home.
- 1 block of marzipan
- 200g of icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- water (to shape the marzipan)
- Chop the marzipan block into equal portions. One block should make around 20 potatoes.
- Shape the portions into a round shape potato shape. If your hands stick to the marzipan dab your palms into a little water.
- In a large tray mix the icing sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder and drop in the marzipan potatoes.
- Gently coat each potato in the icing sugar mixture until they are completely covered.
- Arrange on a plate and enjoy!