Our current job opportunities at Leeds Cookery School.
RESIDENT CHEF / COOKERY TUTOR
Applications are invited from internal applicants only at this stage, for the following position:
Salary band £21,000 to £25,500 per annum
Full time, five days a week to include most weekends and regular evening working
The resident chef will be responsible for delivering a wide range of demonstrations, classes and culinary experiences to a wide range of groups, including corporate clients, aspirational cooks and foodies!
We’re looking for someone with both cooking and training experience and the proven ability to share their passion for food, deliver exceptional cookery class experiences and inspire others to discover their own love of food both cookery and bakery
An experienced chef and tutor, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Your ability to communicate with and entertain a wide range of audiences
- Your ability to inspire and share your passion for Food
- Specialist knowledge in at least one food/cookery area
- Ability to work with a range of resident and visiting chefs to deliver an exciting course programme
- Experience of using recipes and world food knowledge to develop engaging class plans
- A ‘can do’ attitude and enthusiasm for the business
- Experience of using social media to engage with customers and develop a visible chef profile
- Ability to resolve customer problems or complaints in a timely manner
- Commitment to identifying opportunities to increase cookery class sales and LCS revenue
- Ability to model and ensure all Zest policies and procedures, are maintained and
- consistently followed
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and including social media
- High level of impact and ability to engage an audience
- Creative, can develop and implement new ideas and approaches
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A minimum of 2 years previous cookery demonstration and cookery school experience, ideally working with corporate and / or upmarket clients or experience working at Sous Chef level
- Ability to write, design and implement inspiring cookery sessions
- An experienced chef, with experience in a relevant culinary area e.g. bread baker, pastry chef, Indian cuisine etc
- A PTTLS qualification
- Food Safety Level 2 or above qualification
- Relevant City and Guilds Chef Qualification is preferred but not essential
Closing Date: 12 noon, 28th March. There will be an initial phone call interview and then an in house interview/demonstration W/C 11th April
How to apply:
Please send your CV to
Simon Chappelow via email.
If you would like us to send you Job description or Zest briefing before you sending please get in contact with the above email as we are happy to provide.
If you would like to arrange an informal chat or to visit the cookery school call Simon on 0113 323 7700.