A Taste of GreeceYou will leave this class with a meal for two, ready to transport you straight to Greece!
Location:Leeds Cookery School, Leeds, UK
Cost:£70.00 per person
About this experience
On this session the Leeds Cookery School chefs will teach you how to make delicious and authentic Greek dishes that you’ll want to make time and time again!
Techniques you will learn:
- Low & Slow - taste the transformation that comes with low & slow cooking. As ingredients tenderise and flavours deepen, you’ll leave the session eager and confident to take the slower route to great-tasting dishes.
- Authentic Greek - our host will furnish you with tips for creating authentic Greek food at home, good enough to please to any Greek! You will be given tips on sourcing Greek produce and how to inspire taverna ambience at your dinner table.
- Salad Savvy - learn how to get the best out of seasonal vegetables to create a perfectly balanced, high-quality vegetable dish. You will learn a range of knife skills for use in your everyday cooking.
- Flash Fried - in this session we will touch on deep-frying with a classic deep-fried Greek dessert. You will leave inspired by this quick Greek dessert fit for a crowd.
In this class the recipes below, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Greek Spiced Beef Stew (Stifado)
- Greek Lemon Potatoes (Patates Limonates)
- Authentic Greek Salad (Horiatiki)
- Greek Honey Nut Fritters (Loukoumades)
What you can take home
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish. You will also take home everything that you’ve made.
Please note that you you will need to bring a couple of sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in, we will provide all other equipment and ingredients.
Tea and coffee are provided throughout on all of our classes.
This session is delivered by resident chef Anthony.