Knife Skills - Vegetable Yaki Soba (Plant-based) @ GiptonKnife skills are life skills of the kitchen. Learn to chop, julienne, segment, chiffonard and more, like a pro.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
Knife skills are an essential part of being a good cook and this class will show you how to perfect these skills so you can have to confidence to tackle any recipe and present your food beautifully.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn how to correctly sharpen a knife.
- How to hold the knife safely and correctly.
- Rocking chop and cross chop, useful for your everyday cooking.
- Chiffonard slicing technique.
- How to Julienne vegetables.
- Brunoise (fine dice)
- How to prepare, roll and fry spring rolls.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Vegatable Yaki Soba
- Vegetable Spring Rolls
What you can take home:
- There is also a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class.
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.