Parent & Kids Indian Takeaway - Chicken or Veg @ GiptonIn this fun and engaging class you and your teen will learn how to cook some Indian classics from scratch.
Cost:£75.00 – £100.00 per person
About this experience
Ever wondered how to make an Indian meal from scratch? Well this class will equip you and your junior sous chef with the know-how to do it.
Techniques you will learn:
- Learn how to make a tandoori rub and marinate chicken for an excellent Chicken Tikka.
- Learn how to make, knead and roll naan dough and cook on the hob.
- Learn how to make a delicious fragrant Rice Pilaf.
- Make a refreshing cucumber Raita.
- Basic knife skills and spice tempering.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided for you to take home to add to your repertoire so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
- Chicken Tikka
- Pilaf Rice
- Naan Bread
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor's version of each dish. You will take home everything that you make.
Who can attend
Any children from the ages of 5 – 16 years old are welcome! This class would be most suited to those 10+. Choose from one adult with either one or two children from the ticket type. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please be aware we don’t provide stools for children to stand on due to health and safety, children must be able to reach the counter.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the c
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.