Poultry Preparation @ GiptonLearn how to make the most of a whole chicken and make multiple meals from one bird. From breast to carcass, nothing will be wasted.
Cost:£75.00 per person
About this experience
Learn how to cut a fresh chicken with zero waste!
Develop your understanding and knife skills with this hands on class
You will prepare from a whole chicken:
- Cut the breasts into classic Saltimbocca with a masala wine sauce
- The thighs and drumsticks into a tikka marinade
- How to prepare a fresh healthy chicken stock using the carcass
- Prepare the wings into a finger licking treat.
Techniques you will learn:
- How to bone and portion a whole chicken.
- The science and techniques behind marinating.
- The art to a good chicken stock.
- What to do with leftovers.
Full recipes, including ingredients list and method, are provided so you can keep on cooking them time and time again.
What you can take home:
There is a tasting session after each class where you have the chance to sample the tutor’s version of each dish.
- Please note you will need to bring 3 sizeable (minimum 1L) food storage containers to take your food home in. You do not need to bring any other equipment or ingredients with you as this will be provided by the cookery school and is included in the cost.
- Please make sure to inform us of any allergies when booking the class
We use induction hobs at the cookery school so if you have a pacemaker fitted please get in contact with us when you have booked to let us know so we can adapt our equipment to meet your needs.
Refreshments are provided throughout, on all of our classes.
Before booking this class please familiarise yourself with our cancellation policy, especially if you are booking on the behalf of another person.